I have had quite the craving for muffins lately but since I’ve transitioned to my Caveman Diet plan which is grain free it’s been hard to eat them. So this called for a new recipe!
My mom and I formulated a fantastic healthy blueberry muffins recipe. I swear these homemade blueberry muffins are better than anything I’ve had before! The only pitfall is they are a little more involved to make than my typical recipes cause in my opinion there is no such thing as a easy blueberry muffin recipe. The work will be well worth it though as these gluten free muffins taste even better than their grain containing counterparts!
Guess What the Magic Ingredient is in Almond Meal Muffins
Let’s get started, I think by now you know my trick to eliminating the grains in our muffins. Almond meal is used as a filler just as grains are traditionally used. However, best news about almond meal is it’s Paleo friendly, that is contains no grains and makes for a happy recipe good for anybody with gluten allergies (in my opinion we all have gluten allergies) and or trying out my fun Caveman Diet Plan.
Oh gosh look I’ve rambled on. I’m such a geek… First things first, we’ll need to grab a few supplies and ingredients before we get started. I’ve provided links should you need to purchase anything it would be greatly appreciated you use the links and support Fitlish as well as our Kiva Fund!
- Almond meal (2.5 cups)
- Baking soda (1/2 tsp)
- Chopped almonds (1 cup)
- Blueberries (1.5 cups)
- Sea salt (1/2 tsp)
- Shredded carrots (1/2 cup)
- Almond Milk (1/2 cup)
- Coconut Oil (1 tbsp) – recommend you melt this before mixing
- Locally Collected Honey (1/2 cup)
- Cage Free Morally Raised Eggs (3)
- Organic Vanilla Extract (1 tbsp)
Customary Making of the Paleo Muffin aka Caveman Muffin!
Here’s where the rubber hits the road and we crank out our killer gluten free muffin recipe! So let’s go….
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F,
- Place the liquid ingredients in the first mixing bowl and mix them until consistent,
- Place the Dry ingredients in the second mixing bowl and mix them until consistent,
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients in the wet bowl and mix them until consistent,
- Line muffin tin with liners (optional),
- Put 1/4 cup batter into each muffin,
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes.
Whola! You have the healthiest muffins on Earth and possibly even off Earth! Astronauts are drooling and martians don’t know what they’re missing out on. You’ll need to sit on your salivating saliva glands for a while though. As we didn’t use a dry sweetner such as granulated sugar they will have a bit more moisture in them. So I recommend letting them set for an hour or so to dry out before eating.
Last but not least, enjoy, whether you’re off planet or on planet!!!!!!